Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well here I go.....

My name is Jeff K. I am attempting to run a blog here about the curent screenplay project I am putting together. This screenplay is titled "How To Disappear Forever." It is beleive it or not, a project that has taken ten years to develop. Several different versions have come and gone from an action adventure story to a straight out horror script. Neither worked very well....

I went on to write a screenplay that was the first in a trilogy I had in mind, mostly about East Asian mythology and heavily influenced by Asian cinema.  Nothing came of it. No one was interested and as a filmmaker, I could not pull off the budget to do something so expansive...

I mentioned that I have also made films. I have severral short films and one feature film 'Dissolution' that was shot in 2001. The only web page about it around now is a Face Book page, link is below:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DISSOLUTION-produced-by-Digital-Conspiracy-Productions/109378969089881

SO, anyway...the current project went through one disaster after another, shelved in 2003, wrote the Nine Dragons Pt 1 screenplay and did nothing after that.  A major influence and tragedy occurred for me to bring out this script.....our son passed away.

This script has always been about a man running from his nightmares in his mind. It has always been about a person who will try to help free him of his nightmares.  Now however, it has become something more and something personal.  Here is a quick outline I coughed up on a Face Book page:

What of you could enter your dreams to create another reality, or an illusion of reality, and stay there for as long as you wish.....what if the dream and reality collided and something came back, or something went with you.....what if you could take away the grief of the single most tragic event in your life...and never come back.....


The plot revolves around a man whose infant son has died and his wife who died later under usual conditions. He is hunted by several re-occuring dreams, none of which are good, and has a distant, fading memory of a dream with his son and wife still alive. He has never had this dream again.

Later he asked by a friend to check out on someone who lives next door...miles from his house as he lives in isolation in the mountains. It turns out that the woman is a Retriever, one who can guide you in your dreams but ONLY guide. A Retriever generally will help a person remember a lost dream and can store it on digital media for a person to life through over and over among other things, wich can lead to an unhealthy drug like addiction....

He asks her to help him remember that lost dream. As they do, a strange journey must take place through his re-occuring dreams, each one unlocking a puzzle to the next dream and each step getting closer to the lost one.

But all is not as it seems when reality is the dream and you can Disappear Forever in either.....
.

Each dream or nightmare the main character enters is based on a recorded lucid dream that I have had or still is a re-occurring dream.....

Each dream stage has a name I have given it....yes that sound weird, but I always new that I would use these written down dreams of mine somewhere in a screenplay.

So I have started writing....and I hope to get done with a first draft safe and unharmed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment